Windows Server 2016 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft, and it is part of the operating system of the Windows NT family, developed concurrently with Windows 10. It is the incoming successor to the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 server operating system.
- Processor: 4Ghz 64-bit processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- Disk Space: 32 GB
- Network: Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
- Optical Storage: DVD drive (if installing the OS from DVD media)
- Video: Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution (optional)
- Input Devices: Keyboard and mouse (optional)
- Internet: Broadband access (optional)
What’s new in Windows Server 2016?
Windows Server 2016 includes several important changes to the core operating system and many new features designed to pay more attention to the security of Microsoft products, as well as the data used by endpoints. The new and upgraded features include the following.
- Nano Server: Similar to Windows Server Core mode, a nano server must be managed remotely because it does not provide local login capability and only supports 64-bit applications. Nano servers are optimized for private clouds and data centers, as well as for running Web services such as DNS or IIS.
- Windows containers: Unlike virtual machines, containers allow OS-level virtualization to host applications in separate user spaces by providing sufficient access to the OS, libraries, and underlying resources.
- Active Directory Domain Services: Privileged access Management (PAM) works with Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) to help resolve credential theft issues so that Active Directory forests are protected from accounts with privileged access rights. In addition, new processes have been established for requesting administrative access and monitoring of such accounts, including outdated link functionality, which limits the duration of the management window based on the specified time frame.
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) continues to provide simple, secure identity federation and single Sign-on (SSO) between ADF secure enterprise and partner organizations. The new feature of 2016 is the ability to authenticate users who are stored in LDAP or cloud-based providers.
- Hyper-V describes the thermal management of virtual network adapters and virtual machine memory. For security-aware administrators, Windows Server 2016 includes shielded virtual machines that minimize tampering or stealing data and virtual machine state by encrypting and preventing the inspection of video signals and disks.
- Windows Defender: Microsoft Windows Server Antimalware applications are installed by default in Windows Server 2016, which is designed to detect and in real-time and malware threats through Automatic Updates.
- Storage Spaces Direct allows high-availability storage to be built from the local storage system, including locally stored jbods or networked as part of the storage pool.
- PowerShell 5.0: Continue to be Microsoft’s de facto management terminal trend, PowerShell retains its backward compatibility, while introducing new cmdlets and modules for remote administration and scripting of clients, servers, and applications.
How to Install Windows Server 2016?
Prepare the installation media (DVD, USB flash, etc.) and start the installation process. If you do not have Windows Server 2016 installation software, click here and download the software from the Microsoft Web site.
1. Insert the Windows Server 2016 boot drive (DVD, USB) into the computer and start the computer. When the Windows Settings page appears, select your language, time format, and keyboard, and then click the Next button. Now click the “Install Now ” button to start the installation process.
2. Select the appropriate version of the Windows Server that meets your organization’s needs, and then click Next . Make sure that you have selected the appropriate version of Windows server.
3. Tick “I accept the license Terms ” and click Next.
4. Select the custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option for a clean installation. Clean installation is the term used for upgrades.
5. When you upgrade a Windows server, you can get settings, applications, and so on from previous versions of Windows. Select the hard disk on which you want to install Windows Server, and then click the New button to partition. After clicking “Next “, the system starts processing all files from the external drive to the internal hard drive.
6. This will take a little time and the computer will restart several times. When all is installed, enter the secret key to log on to the computer as an administrator and enter the Windows Server 2016 interface.
How to Activate Windows Server 2016?
1. Select the Start button Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
2. Click “Change Product Key” and Enter a product key to activate
If you don’t have a product key or digital license, you can purchase a Windows 10 license after installation finishes.
Here some of free windows server 2016 product key share:
Windows Server 2016 Standard
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
Windows Server 2016 Essentials
If you don’t have the product key, you can go to the online shop to buy, such as to Amazon, ebay, but I think the price is too expensive, you can go to Key1024 purchase. Cheap and Product Key 100% Genuine!